Monday, July 26, 2010

My Van Makes Me Scream In Frustration

Wow, what an eventful trip down here. Our van started grinding and stalling out while we were idling in line at the border. We spent several hours in Great Falls, Montana until a guy hooked it up to his scanner and couldn't find anything. It wasn't making the noise any more by that point, so he said that it would probably take all day to figure out what the problem was. So we figured we'd head further south and if the van started acting up again that we'd stop in at the next place and have it looked at. About 10 minutes out of Great Falls, the van stopped working. We couldn't drive at all. So we spent about 45 minutes to an hour waiting on the side of the road for a tow truck. He brought us back in and left our van at a Ford shop. A guy from the shop gave us a ride out to the airport where we got a rental vehicle. John's dad is going to deal with our van for us and then meet us in Great Falls on our way back home to give us a ride back after we return the rental. It's really nice, though. It's a 2010 Dodge Caravan with Stow N Go. We love it. So anyway, because of the van issue, we got into West Jordan a day later than we'd planned to.

We've been to a few family BBQs, church, Temple Square and lit some fireworks. It's been a lot of fun, even though it's a LOT hotter down here than it is back at home. Tomorrow I'm going to Young Women's camp with Heidi. I'm really excited, since this will be the first time I've ever gone to one. I joined the church as an adult and I haven't had a chance yet to serve in Young Womens, so I'm really looking forward to the camp.

Pregnancy wise we are doing good so far. I messed up on my calculations. We're due on March 30th, not the 28th. Heidi is about 6 weeks ahead of me, so she's nearing the end of morning sickness and I'm just beginning.

Anyway, we're having lots of fun, despite a few or several raging hissy fits from Caleb. I will be sad to leave (especially sad to leave milk that only costs $2 per gallon), but I'll definately be glad to leave the heat and dry air behind. It's a lot more beautiful here than I thought it would be, but home is home and I miss Canada (at least a bit).

Hope you're all doing well. Take care!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I am so glad that you have been staying with us. It has been a blast and so good to get to know you all. I am going to be sad to see you go.