I'm starting to wonder if there is even a point to blogging. It's seldom that I get a comment...Hmm, oh well, it's still journalling, right? That means it counts for something.
So there was no Red Deer during the long weekend due to some strange welt-like rash that is completely covering Caleb's body. Took him to the doctor and they just gave him some hydrocortizone or something that we have to put on him 3 times a day. I don't think it's really helping, personally. If he's not doing any better by the weekend, I'll take him to a different clinic to go see a doctor who hasn't brushed us off before. Unfortunately, he was the only doctor working that day at the closest clinic to us. He's also being tested for strep throat, so I have to keep him away from people for a few more days yet until we know for sure.
Also, I don't think I've posted it on here yet, that I am getting VERY frustrated with the fact that I haven't heard about my appointment yet. I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago and told him I needed him to refer me to someone to be looked at for bipolar. I won't go into a lot of detail, but lets just say that with the things I struggle with, it would be a lot safer to get me in sooner rather than later, but I still haven't even received a phone call telling me when my appointment will be. So if I haven't heard by Monday, I'm going to call my Dr's office in Wainwright and tell them what's been going on and that they need to get me in to see someone ASAP. Dr deVos is so much better about taking me seriously than Dr Jackman. Really wish I wasn't 2 hours away from him, he is such a great doctor and I miss him so much. I must, if I did almost all of my prenatal 2 hours from here and stayed in Wainwright from 8 months on with Ty just so he could be my doctor...Anyways, so that's a huge issue for me right now. Things aren't going too well in that department. I really need help with my boys and my house (it's that bad), but our ward is SO awful for people helping others and accepting callings and what not, that it's just easier to not ask than to deal with the disappointment of no one 'being able to help', as they like to say.
However, on a plus note, I am now down to 150.1 lbs and John is around 174 ish. I'm so happy, so close to not having an overweight BMI anymore.
Also, since I have wanted to learn how to decorate cakes for about a year now, John is letting me take the Wilton Course 1 at Michaels next month as my birthday present. I am very excited. I will send the cakes to work with him each week and they can eat them there, so that I don't have to gain weight by having us eat them here. Should be lots of fun, and helps me to get out of the house once every week. I'm hoping to complete all 4 courses within the year, but we shall see.
4 comments:
I wish we were closer...a lot closer. 1,200 miles is pretty far. I would be willing to take your boys for a few hours. All moms need a break. I am glad you are taking your class. That will be good for you.
My dad has bi-polar it is a difficult disease, but it can be managed. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.
I read your blog! I'm sorry things are so bad right now. MAybe Caleb could come play here one afternoon (and you could come talk if you need). And remember that it's not that horrible if your house is dirty and your kids watch tv all day- believe me that's how things have been going over here.
Don't I comment on your blog? Hmm... I guess I usually just read and run! AHH! I'm sorry Niki!
Is our ward so bad? I think that there are a lot of awesome ladies in our relief society. I'm really sorry that things are so rough for you guys right now! I'm sure it will get better!
Maybe you should ask your bishop if he thinks you have bipolar. That's the beauty of having a psychologist as a bishop. And don't worry, he knows that he's a bishop so that he can help people in the ward with things exactly like that!
I hope you are feeling better your in our prayers every night as you have been for the past five years we love you. Hope things start looking up.
Post a Comment