Wow! We're in the last week of February already, I can't believe it's gone by so quickly. This year seems to be just speeding along. Or maybe it's just me, I'm not too sure. I had a good day yesterday. I filed our taxes and caught up on the bugeting and paperwork, so that was a nice feeling. Our washer isn't working right now, but the guy is supposed to come either today or tomorrow, so hopefully he'll be able to fix it.
We've been doing FHE lessons out of the Preach My Gospel manual. I figure that since it's stuff that the kids need to know to be baptized, it's probably a good idea to use it. Yesterday I taught about how the gospel blesses families. It was short and sweet, which is JUST the way Caleb likes it. However, I have issues trying to do a treat each week. I want something that's tasty, but inexpensive. Any ideas?
Maria and I visit taught Amber last night and the lesson was on the divine role of women. I was worried it was going to be weird because I'm the only one of the three of us with kids, but it helped to remind me that being a women is not just about being a mother.
Elder M. Russell Ballard of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles:
“The basic doctrinal purpose for the Creation of the earth is to provide for God’s spirit children the continuation of the process of exaltation and eternal life. …
“… Although there is simply not a more significant contribution you can make to society, to the Church, or to the eternal destiny of our Father’s children than what you will do as a mother or father, motherhood and fatherhood are not the only measures of goodness or of one’s acceptance before the Lord. …
“Every sister in this Church who has made covenants with the Lord has a divine mandate to help save souls, to lead the women of the world, to strengthen the homes of Zion, and to build the kingdom of God”
I also really liked this quote:
Silvia H. Allred, first counselor in the Relief Society general presidency: “The Lord has blessed women with divine attributes of love, compassion, kindness, and charity. Through our monthly visits as visiting teachers, we have the power to bless each sister as we extend our arms of love and kindness and give the gifts of compassion and charity. No matter what our individual circumstances are, we all have the opportunity to edify and nurture others”
Anyways, that's my thoughts for today, have a great day!
1 comment:
Hi Nikki,
You don't know me, but let me introduce myself. Your husband's Uncle (David Bly) is my mom's first cousin. David's kids (your husband's first cousins) are my second cousins. Does that make sense?
I stumbled upon your blog from your comment you left on Christal's blog.
Anyway...just had to say hi and awesome post today. Great thoughts!
Oh....and I agree with Alana. Puffed Wheat squares are a great inexpensive treat. And so is roasted wheat berries. If you have wheat or popcorn in your food storage, they make a great treat.
Post a Comment