Friday, January 23, 2009

Purge, Purge, Purge

So I finally got motivated this week to start going through all of the rooms in the house and to get things set aside for my mum's garage sale in May. I'm all for purging right now, I'm so tired of having way too many belongings taking over our house. However, John is a SERIOUS pack rat, something he comes by honestly which makes it harder to break, so I'm having a really hard time getting him to be willing to part with anything. We also have super different tastes in what looks good in a house, so that's causing some issues as well. I like more contemporary things and am really picky about what I like or don't like, whereas with John as long as something is still remotely usable then anything goes. It's kind of frustrating, but somehow it'll all work out. I have finally got him to agree to getting rid of all of his blue slips from his mission. It's super hard to get him to let go of things because of his OCD, but we're working on it.
I was a lot busier than usual this week, but it was good for me to get out. Tonight is my first evening at home since Monday, and then I'll be out again tomorrow evening (YAY!). But it was super nice to be able to be the one to put Caleb to sleep tonight, I've really started looking forward to that. Today I had super bad nausea and dizziness in the morning. The nausea went away right before noon but I still had the spinny head until about 3pm, so John was home today to take care of the boys. But all in all, it's been a good week, I'm happy with it:)

No comments: