I didn't update this nearly as soon as I had wanted to, but oh well. Better late than never, I suppose. Christmas was a very interesting experience for us this year. On the 23rd Ty had his shots appointment, so we went to that and he did great, he barely even cried. Caleb, on the other hand, was having to fight over the toys they have for toddlers with older kids and I got super upset with the parents for not stepping in and saying something. Those toys were there for children CALEB'S age, not 6 or 7 year old kids. Anyways, I kept my mouth shut and once Ty was done his wait and we picked up some food then we were on our way to Wainwright for the holidays. My brother was already there by then and on Christmas Eve my sister got in. Christmas Eve night Caleb left out cookies and milk for Santa, but not before stealing a cookie off of the plate for himself. After he was in bed the adults had their traditional appetizer dinner. It was really good.
Christmas morning we got up around 7, I think. It was whenever Caleb had woken up. So he came upstairs and it took forever for him just to realize that there were now presents under the tree. We had a great Christmas morning together. It's the first time that we were all there together to open presents in the morning, so it was really enjoyable. Caleb kind of thought that all of the gifts were his, but that's fine. He got a tricycle from us and an indoor/outdoor trampoline for younger kids from my mum and Bob. Those were his big ticket items. Ty just got smaller stuff since he really doesn't know any better this year, but we were very suprised and happy that he stayed awake through the entire present opening. Mum and Bob got lots of new bar glasses and what not since their's were all broken when Mum fell in the dining room a couple of months ago. We gave them a gift certificate to their favourite restaurant, which they've already used. Kirby got a DS and Brain Age 2 for it. John got a radio controlled car that goes on walls and stuff like that. Together he and I got a new bedding set, which made me VERY happy. My big ticket item was my huge gift card to Walmart from my mum that I used to buy myself a Nintendo DS, which I'd been talking about for a while. Dinner that evening was wonderful, although it didn't take much to feel very full.
Boxing Day we went to visit my grandparents. It was a frustrating day for me since there was NO room for Caleb to play around and he didn't like that very much. Plus some words were said by other people that I most certainly didn't want said in front of my VERY impressionable 2 year old, but we survived the day.
That night and the first night we were there Caleb had woken up in the middle of the night both times and proceeded to spend hours (honestly, it was hours) jumping all over me in the bed and throwing hard toys at my back and pulling my hair. Because of that and other reasons, we decided to head back home on the Saturday instead of Tuesday like we'd planned. As much fun as we had in Wainwright, we were VERY glad to get back home and are very much looking forward to Christmas in our own home next year. Anyways, I'll update with the rest of our holidays later since Ty is telling me that he'd like to eat.
No comments:
Post a Comment