For the last few weeks we've been on pins and needles praying that John didn't get laid off, since Stantec was laying off 200 people, and hoping beyond hope that a raise would come. Well, John was told a few days that Stantec now considers him too skilled to lay him off, which was great news for us. Even better, yesterday John got his magical envelope that said he was getting a $2/hr raise. We have been so blessed by Heavenly Father. Any time that we've started worrying about where money is going to come from He makes sure that we're taken care of. Now the only concern is whether they have to go to four day work weeks in the new year, but we'll deal with that when the time comes.
I'm so excited for tomorrow. John is working until noon and then he'll be on vacation until Jan 5th, super exciting!!! Tomorrow afternoon we'll exchange gifts with my dad and then on Sunday we have church, which should be fun as we're just going to play a church trivia game with John's Sunday School class. Monday I am hanging out with Lynn for a while. Tuesday is Ty's 2 month shots appointments and we'll be heading out to Wainwright from there. We'll be staying until the following Tuesday, so that should be interesting. We were originally only supposed to be there for a couple of days, but it first got extended so that we can spend some time with the Orr family and then it got extended even more because I have an eyebrow waxing appointment on the morning of the 30th. Then on the 31st it will be our 3 year anniversary, which we're celebrating with a cheese fondue supper and chocolate fondue dessert. Yes, I am actually going to be eating chocolate, ha ha. It's not a huge secret that I'm not a very big fan of chocolate, but it will still be fun:)
Since I won't be posting again until after Christmas I just want to wish you all a Happy Christmas and hope that you enjoy the holidays. May we always remember during Christmas the greatest gift of all, our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment