Thursday, December 4, 2008
Happy Christmas is Almost Here:)
So the book club went well. We didn't have quite as many people as I thought we would, but we still had a really good discussion, mostly about the Twilight movie rather than the book. Should be interesting when we go see it together next Tuesday as most of us thought that the movie was pretty crappy for the most part, ha ha. I'm looking forward to laughing at Carlisle again, though. I've actually been quite busy lately, which is a big change for me. Friday our company got here for the weekend and John and I helped to clean the church that night. The next day I went to Generations with my SILs in the morning and spent WAY more than I should have and then that evening was my baby shower. Oh, and in the afternoon I went to Bootlegger and bought 2 tops with a gift card my dad had given me for my birthday and my mum bought me a hat. Sunday was Ty's baby blessing, which was good. I was super happy that Spencer Pasowisty was there and able to help with it, it was nice to be able to include a friend in there. Monday was supposed to be the night that we put up the tree, but none of us were feeling up to it, so we decided not to. Tuesday was mine and Ty's 6 week checkups. They went well, other than I have to do back strengthening exercises to get my hip better and if it's not better by the time Ty's 3 months old then I have to start going for physio. Ty weighed in at 9lbs9oz!!! That night I went to the church and did 3 glazed pictures. I peeked at them yesterday and I didn't get a great look at my big one, but the 2 smaller ones with pictures of Christ look GREAT! I'm really happy with them. Yesterday night was the Relief Society Christmas party, which was a lot of fun. I loved the video we watched (The Nativity) and the song that Kari chose to go with it, they worked perfectly together. The games were super fun too, it was very enjoyable. Tonight was supposed to be our night off from the crazy schedule, but John is going to have to go out and get groceries because we don't have enough formula left to get through tomorrow, so may as well do it all at once, I guess. Tomorrow night we are putting up the tree and hopefully we'll be watching Prince Caspian. We never got to see it in theatres, so I'm really looking forward to it. I think next weekend we'll watch Polar Express with Caleb. I'm really loving the fact that the Christmas season is upon us. I don't have to hide my favourite Christmas album from John anymore (he hates that I listen to it year round). It's one the the Trans Siberian Orchestra albums and I love the music on it. Caleb has been getting his advent chocolates, which he's been greatly enjoying. John is buying him a gingerbread house kit tonight, so we'll put that together some time this weekend. I love December, even though my toes are frozen:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment