Wednesday, November 26, 2008

November's Almost Gone, YAY!

It's been an interesting couple of days. On Sunday we went to do our tithing settlement with our bishop and while we were there he extended a calling to me (after I begged for one, ha ha). Turns out they've been waiting on this one for a while just to make sure that I was okay after having the baby and all of that. I won't say what it is yet since I still have to be sustained this coming Sunday, but I will say that I'm very excited about it and I know that it was definately inspired. Also, Kari asked me if I would be in charge of our Relief Society's book club, and I accepted. I'm not a natural leader, but I'm sure it will work out good. Our first meeting is tonight and we'll be discussing future meetings and Twilight.

I just finished registering for Time Out For Women. It's coming to Edmonton on May 1&2, 2009. I'm really excited about it, since it will be my first time going to one.

On Sunday Ty turned a month old! I can't believe it's already been a month. The time seems to be going by even quicker this time than it did with Caleb. Before I know it they'll be going on missions!!!

I've been cleaning the house the last couple of days and it actually looks presentable now. I'm so happy that I'm able to take care of the house again and not have to rely on John to do everything. If he's going to go out for 5 long days every week so that I can stay at home, then the least I can do is take care of our kids and our house and have dinner ready (or close to it) when he gets home. It really bothered me when I wasn't able to do that because I felt like I wasn't fulfilling my role as a wife and a mother. Maybe I'm just wierd, though, who knows?

I've also started wrapping Christmas presents and yesterday I put out the few decorations that I have. I realized that I have next to NO decorations, so next year we'll have to invest in a few more, I think. Oh well, the tree will be up next week and that will help. We made decorations yesterday, which was interesting. Caleb did a better job of painting the wipes container than his actual ornaments, but whatever works, right? Anyways, that's all for now:)

No comments: