Saturday, August 16, 2008

Lauren's Birthday and Moving Day

I don't understand why Mother's Day is so hard for me but Lauren's birthday isn't, it makes NO sense to me, but oh well. I can't believe that girl is 4 years old already, it makes me feel ancient and I'm not even 24 yet, ha ha. Her birthday was good for me. I thought of her more than usual, but it was mostly thinking about how happy she looks in the pictures her parents sent me last year and what a beautiful girl she is. They were all happy thoughts. It helps that I've never really regretted my decision and that I was blessed with so much peace about it. And it certainly helps that I know she went to the right home. As soon as I picked up her parents' adoption portfolio thing, I knew that they were the family for her, and that feeling has never changed for me. She is where she belongs, and I get so much comfort from knowing that. I can only hope that her parents know how grateful I am for them and how much they love her. I hope I get the chance to tell them that someday.

So the last couple of days have been spent doing what else but packing. This is the fifth time I've moved since our wedding, so I'm getting REALLY tired of it. I told John that unless he gets a dream job in Lethbridge then I refuse to move for at LEAST 2 more years, probably 3 though. Yesterday evening I went with Danielle, my brother's girlfriend, to the Relief Society BBQ. We couldn't stay too long because we had to go back and do more packing and what not once my mum and brother got into town, but we enjoyed what we got to be there for. Kyle, my bro, and John got our new bedroom curtains put up in the new unit last night. They are chocolate brown and micro suede and I really like them. So after visiting, Mum, John and I went to bed at midnight. My internal heater went into overdrive at 3am and I've been up ever since then. I couldn't sleep, so for a while I just sat in my glider rocker and looked at the Sears Wishbook (am I the only adult who still gets excited about that?) and then I tried laying down and took an antacid somewhere in there. Finally at 5:30 I couldn't take it anymore, so I got out of bed, got dressed, did my bathroom routine and took a couple things over to the new unit, opened the windows in there and emptied a tote of kitchen stuff. Came back home at just after 6 and decided to spend a few moments on the computer before Mum and John get up and the day starts going like mad. I hope everyone enjoys their weekend. I'm just looking forward to being done with moving, ha ha. Later:)

No comments: