Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Do the Throat Infections Ever Stop?

So it turns out that Caleb only had the flu on Thursday. Everything after that was caused by a very nasty throat infection that was dripping into his stomach. John took him to see a doctor on Monday after he started getting sick all over his bedroom at noon and now he's got some antibiotics. I also ended up giving him Gravol a few times just to help keep some fluids and his medicine in him long enough for them to take effect. He ended up getting sick 6 times on Monday, not exactly a great day for me. I can handle blood and broken bones, but watching people get sick is the one thing I've never been even remotely good at, so having to sit there with my son and comfort him while it was happening was like murder for me. It was awful.

John stayed home yesterday as well, and Caleb just sat on the couch and watched TV with John or else slept in his room pretty much all day. He was talking more though and he only got sick once, and that was just because he was coughing too hard, so it's nice to see that he's at least improving. After he went to bed John and I got the house tidied up a bit since some people are coming to look at it while we're in Wainwright.

Today I'm just doing some laundry. Caleb woke up at 5am again, because he heard John up and getting ready for work. John gave him some juice to drink, and he drank the whole cup, YAY! Then I brought him downstairs and he got really cranky because he was still tired so I just gave him his antibiotics to get them out of the way until night time and then put him back to bed at 6. Unfortunately, because my body has decided that it's awake for the day, I'm not able to get back to sleep. At least I've gotten a load of laundry in already. Maybe now I can get done the packing that I need to do while Caleb is asleep. Here's hoping...

No comments: