Okay, it's been over 2 months. I'd say I'm long overdue for a blog post. Since then I have finished my second round of Personal Progress and started on round 3 this morning. I just can't get enough of that program. I am still the Mia Maids adviser in our ward, just under a different presidency. I got to experience pneumonia for the first time in April, which was incorrectly diagnosed as a viral cold the first time I went in to see a doctor. I will NEVER see him again, since I was completely symptomatic for pneumonia and he totally shrugged it off without even ordering chest x-rays. Thankfully, my mother-in-law was here the first week that I had it to take care of the kids, and then my mum and dad both helped me out the second week. Caleb got it as well, but I knew what I was looking for, so he didn't get remotely as sick as I had.
The other week I had a spa day with my mum. It was great to spend some time with her, although it reminded me that I don't relax well (oops). This past weekend I was in Lethbridge for my brother's convocation from the U of L. He earned his Bachelor of Management. I went down with my dad, which means that I had 2 full days without John and the kids. Remember what I said about how I don't relax well? Yeah, still true here. I'm so glad that I was able to go and support him, though. Also, we had an AMAZING (!!!!!!) meal at Firestone on Friday. Hands down the best meal I've ever had in a restaurant.
Now we're buckling down for the last month of the school year (when did that happen?!?). Track and field day this week, pancake breakfast next week, field trip the week after where I'm am volunteering and then after that it will be the last week of school. Throw in a YW leadership meeting, temple recommend interview, child psychiatrist appointment, 2 baby showers, Father's day, camp prep and a birthday party and you end up with a VERY busy month ahead of us. I have YW camp the week after school lets out, which I'm really excited for and desperately praying to not have another lice experience this time around (ha ha).
In even bigger news, we actually get to take summer holidays this year, YAY :D John will be off of work for two and a half weeks. We'll be in Magrath for over a week, home for a day for dental consults for Caleb and Tyrell, and then in North Battleford for a bit to visit my uncle and aunt (under far better circumstances than the last 2 times).
I got to officially let the school know this morning that we will not be keeping Tyrell in kindergarten for a second year next year. They asked us to seriously consider it, but after talking to several people, we decided that we'd prefer him to repeat grade 1 if necessary, rather than kindergarten. I've already started buying school supplies for the boys for next year. (I may or may not absolutely ADORE buying school supplies)
So that's what's be going down and what's in store for the Bly family. I am most looking forward to not being stuck at home all summer this year. What are you looking forward to the most in SUMMER 2014?
No comments:
Post a Comment