Last week I sat down and thought to myself "when was the last time I felt happy on a regular basis?". I tend to struggle to be happy this time every year. As winter starts to come upon us, I feel miserable more than any other time of the year. As I went through past October blog posts, I realized there was one year where I wasn't struggling in October. It was the year that I was working on my Personal Progress. I was so focused on growing in my testimony and relearning things about Heavenly Father that the lack of sunlight and loss of warm weather didn't really seem to affect me. So last week I decided that the time has come to start working on Personal Progress again. I got a new book from our ward's Young Woman president, who sounded really excited that I wanted to work on it again so soon after completing it (May 2012). That means it's only been about 17 months, and even less since I finished earning my Honor Bee. But I am recognizing the importance of the program and the good that I know it can do in my life.
I started working on it on Friday. I will be working on 1 value experience, 1 value project and the Virtue value project at pretty much any given time. I will focus on 1 value at a time, instead of jumping all over the place. I decided to start at the beginning with Faith. Already, I feel so much love for this program and I feel so much more peace in my heart. I am very much looking forward to learning, relearning and growing closer to my Heavenly Father.
2 comments:
I love this post. I am the yw secretary and in charge of personal progress I've done it a few times and trying to get the yw to catch fire with it is hard sometimes but it can guide all of us when we are thinking outside of ourselves:) Love you ! You are amazing!!
This post is so insightful and inspiring! I too love the YW's program and so happy that you continue to use it in your everyday life. You are an example of how important the program is to all of us. Not just the "young". ; D I am cheering you on!
Post a Comment