Christmas vacation hadn't gone particularly well for me the past 3 years, so I was kind of nervous to see how this one would turn out. For the most part it was great. I am 100% converted to Christmas in our own home. from now on. However, spending part of Christmas night in the ER wasn't on my to-do list. I'd been battling back pain for most of Christmas Day and by night time I couldn't even lay down for longer than 2 minutes before it hurt too bad and I had to sit up or something. I hadn't slept the night before thanks to my insomnia, so I knew I needed to get some sleep. Ibuprofin and a heating pad weren't making a dent in the pain, so we called up my dad and he came and stayed with the kids while we went to the ER. I apparently strained my rhomboid muscle really badly, so they gave me a shot of a stronger anti-inflammatory and sent me home, after telling me that recovery could take weeks and possibly require physiotherapy. So most of our Christmas break was spent with me doing a whole load of nothing other than popping Motrin like it's candy and changing my position every 5-10 minutes. That being said, it was still the best Christmas that I'd had in a few years. I loved being at home and being on our own schedule. The kids really enjoyed time with Daddy. They weren't big on a nice Christmas dinner, though, so I'm going to do something a lot more basic for Christmas 2013.
There's a lot to look ahead to this year such as ward YW camp, Ty starting Kindergarten and whatever else may come our way. For the moment I'm just enjoying the fact that Brettley loves the switch to the toddler bed and the boys are loving the fact that they have a play room right now.
1 comment:
Great for you to look past what others might have said "ruined" Christmas to what really matters and finding the joy.
Post a Comment