It's been almost 2 months. Do I have an excuse? Not really. I just seem to never have anything to blog about. Except for my calling change. I discovered how much it sucks when you love your calling with an intense passion and then figure out that a release is coming but aren't sure of the when. The when ended up lasting about 3 weeks. I found out the last Sunday in February, and that first week before it was announced in sacrament meeting I was able to conveniently ignore it because I was still going to mutual and still had a Sunday left with the girls. Reality hit on Sunday as I held one of the Beehives while she cried. It was a tough few days for me at the beginning of the week. However, the sister that is now the current 2nd counselor is the exact person that I was hoping would be called to it, so I know that the girls are in great hands and that they'll have a wonderful experience with their new leadership.
I am now the Assistant Cub Leader. When the bishopric member called me to serve as that I kind of dropped my jaw, bugged my eyes out of my head and with an incredulous voice went "Really?!?". I think I was still in shock at that point too, being released was (for the first time) an incredibly emotional experience and I was bawling. I was very happy to find out that they new leader shirts are red now, though, instead of the tan that they used to be. I'm going to pick mine up this Saturday and I get to go to my first Cub meeting on Tuesday. I'm learning to be excited for my calling and the preparation it will give me for when Caleb turns 8 next year (say what?!?).
So yeah, that's what's going down. I lead such a boring life, ha ha.
1 comment:
I was beginning to worry about you:) Glad things are as boring for you as us lol! Guess thats what jan and feb are eh:
) Sad to be released I know that feeling well in working with the yw! :( You will be an awesome cub assistant I am so so proud of you and the testimony and strength you have in your callings and as a mother and doing the very best you can where you are put!! You are amazing and those crazy boys are lucky to have you!! I'm liking the new red shirts too I thought that last week when I went to the kub kar rally they are much better than the ugly tan ones:) You will be awesome!! Happy Spring cause hopefully its on its way right:)
Post a Comment