Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Where I've Been

I've been missing in action, I know. In my defense, I wasn't home for most of it. If you follow my blog regularly you'll know that my father-in-law was battling pancreatic cancer. He went into the hospital on February 29th and we knew he wasn't coming back out, so my step-dad picked up our boys on the Thursday and first thing on Friday John and I travelled to southern AB. On the evening of Monday, March 5 my father-in-law passed away. We miss him a lot, but are very grateful that his suffering didn't last very long at all and are so thankful for the knowledge that we will be with him again. So that's basically all that's been going on with us. Funeral prep and what not. We are back to reality and our routine today.

3 comments:

Christal said...

so sorry to hear that but what a blessing the gospel is isn't it your in our prayers. love you!

Lynn said...

We are so grateful for the gospel knowledge....that this life isn't it. So sorry that you'll be missing your dad John...I can only imagine the greeting when we all meet together again.

I was not able to go to the funeral, but my mom was and I was grateful that she could share with me all that transpired. We have an AWESOME large extended family, eh?

We know that Cousin, Rodney will be sorely missed. But SO happy to know that he is free from sorrow and pain now.

Hugs to you both!

Heidi said...

We love you and are thinking about you and John. I sure hope you are doing okay.