I'm not going to go into details, but Caleb and I had a week where I felt like he'd be lucky to survive until his 4th birthday, which happens to be only 5 days away. It was long and stressful, but I'm glad it's over and we can work on moving forward.
For last week's date night, we got some Chinese food and had a nice dinner with just the 2 of us. Then John gave me a foot rub. It was nice, relaxed and much needed.
We finally got our room nice and clean (just one bookshelf, the computer desk drawers and the closet left to go through and organize. My mum and her husband had bought new bedroom furniture a few months ago, so they gave us their old stuff. We moved that in on Saturday. I love having a bigger dresser. I managed to really downsize my junk drawer, so I'm very happy about that. Now I just have to work on getting everything else nice and organized.
Caleb went to West Ed on Saturday with my mum and her husband. He went to Build-A-Bear and made a wolf named Wileey. He insisted that Wileey needed 2 e's. He also got chicken and fries for lunch, which he was over the moon about AND he got to go on a pirate ship. I've never got to go on the ship in West Ed, so I must admit that I was a tiny bit jealous. But he had a great day and I'm glad. We managed to get the last of his birthday presents plus some other things that we needed for around the house.
Yesterday I got to go visiting teaching for the first time since last December (I think). It was great, I loved it. The message for this month really hit home for me, about our responsibility to nurture the rising generation. This is always a big worry for me, about whether or not I'm doing enough to prepare my kids to live in this kind of a world. It's way scary out there. So here is the part of the message that I want to share:
"We must speak respectfully of marriage and family. And from our example, the rising generation can gain great hope and understanding - not just from the words we speak but from the way we feel and emanate the spirit of the family. "
I hope you have a great week:)
1 comment:
thanks for sharing that comment Nik really needed to hear that today :D
Post a Comment