Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Was The Dishwasher Really Worth This?

Saturday morning I went to the Relief Society birthday brunch. It was lots of fun. While I was there John took the boys grocery shopping and went and bought me New Moon on DVD. Then that evening we went out and played board games with 2 couples from our ward. It was a lot of fun.

Sunday night John and I watched New Moon and he liked it and agreed that it was SO much better than Twilight.

Monday was my first day in a week without an allergy headache, so Caleb and Ty decided to make one for me instead and pour the rest of my Jet Dry into the door of the dishwasher and splash around in it. I was so mad at the time, but if I'd known then what was in store for me the NEXT day, I probably would have been a lot calmer.

Yesterday they decided to play in the dishwasher again, but this time they used dish soap and kids shampoo. What a sickly sweet smell of cucumber melon dish soap and watermelon shampoo, ugh! Anyways, I cleaned as much of it off of the door as I could with toilet paper since I didn't have any paper towel. I also had to figure out how to get the soap that was on the floor off of the floor without making a big foamy mess. I knew what was next, I had to run a rinse cycle on the dishwasher, I had to get the rest of that junk out of there. So I put the rinse cycle on and went and watched TV while it was doing its thing. When I went into the kitchen about 15 minutes later there was water and bubbles covering half of my kitchen floor, well, maybe a bit more than half, actually. Apparently I did not get enough shampoo and dish soap out. So I figured the best way to deal with it would be to get my mop, however John hadn't cleaned it or the bucket after the last time he'd used it, so it was just NASTY. I called John and cried. Then I had what I thought was a brilliant idea. I was going to use my little green machine to suck up all of the water and bubbles. Not so brilliant, it kind of just puked most of it back out. Apparently it doesn't like that many bubbles. Meanwhile I started another rinse cycle in the dishwasher cause that soap level had to get down somehow. I was just going to have to ride this one out. My dishwasher started puking bubbles and water again and turned itself into a waterfall. That did it, I did the only thing I could think of that would help me stay sane through this, because I was seriously losing it. I called my father-in-law. He is so amazing and he was able to calm me down and together we came up with a solution for cleaning the floor up. Use towels (which I hadn't done thus far because I didn't want a repeat later on with the washing machine), but rinse the towels out in the bathtub before putting them in the washing machine. 2 more rinse cycles (4 in total) and a bunch of bath towels later and my dishwasher and kitchen floor were back to normal.

My evening went a lot better, though. My mum was up since she has a course today, so we went shopping. She bought me a new coat, which I LOVE, and a shirt for Caleb. I bought myself some more Sweet Valley High, Sweet Valley University and SVH Senior Year books. I'm trying to slowly collect them all. I got 10 books for $8.30 or something like that.

Anyways, hoping for a better and dishwasher incident free day today. Tonight is Activty Days. It will be my niece's first time there, so I'm pretty excited about that. And we're doing the Articles of Faith egg hunt too, so it should be fun.

Well, that's all for now. Have a good one!

No comments: