When it rains it pours. Caleb's had tonsilitis, and they are still really swollen. I've been sick and so has Ty. We haven't been a lot of fun to be around the past few days. Poor John! Caleb and I are feeling better, though. Just waiting on Ty now.
I have a friend who right now is doing a surrogate pregnancy for a couple. Can I just take a minute here and say that I think she is one of the most amazing people in the world for doing this. Because I really do think that. The baby is due Sept 1st, if I remember correctly.
On the topic of babies, congrats to Kari, Matt and Aiden on the arrival of Dexter!
My week in Wainwright went really well, aside from Caleb getting sick. I didn't call John and ask him to come and get me even once, which I think was a first. Usually I get frustrated with something and do that. On Friday night Bob babysat the boys while Mum and I went out to a Red Hat thing. It was a women's day celebration or something. We got to see products from a bunch of home-based businesses and then there was a fashion show with women's clothing from all around the world. It was really cool and there were some really gorgeous outfits. Best of all, it was nice to have a night out with my mommy. Afterwards she treated me to a Tim's hot chocolate and then we went back home and she gave me a bunch of her jewelery that she never wears. I'm going to try wearing jewelery more often. I'm sure John will appreciate the effort. Oh, and she also paid for me to have my eyebrows waxed while I was there, YAHOO!
I came home on Saturday to a great surprise. The house was really clean, there was a lilac candle going in our bedroom with 6 of my favourite chocolate bars (Galaxy Ripples) on my pillow along with a red rose and a white rose. I felt so loved:)
Not too much else is new here. I have activity days tonight. We're doing a budgeting activity where the girls get to find out just how far $3000 won't take them in a month, ha ha.
Also, if you are a reading this, could you just please leave me a comment even just saying you've read it? I'm just trying to figure out how many people are actually reading this, or if I've basically just got myself an online journal here, ha ha.
No comments:
Post a Comment