Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Update From The Bly Home

Oh boy, how do I do an update on here without freaking everyone out...Things have gotten worse for me in the past few weeks, which is super tough, but it has also given us a push to try and do more to find help for me. The boys are spending a few weeks in Magrath with my in-laws, so hopefully that will help both the boys and us here. We're starting to calm down and get things into a more normal state, so hopefully we'll be able to keep things that way.

Ty's birthday went well. We just had a lasagna dinner with us and John's parents and then cake and ice cream for dessert. I think Ty liked his presents, but you can never really tell with a kid that young. Caleb thinks they are his, so we had to keep telling him that they are actually Ty's and that they can share. I don't have any of the pictures up on the computer yet, but when I do I'll post some.

So my SIL and I were discussing yesterday whether you should stop your kids from trick or treating at a certain age, and I was wondering how other people felt about that as well. My SIL is stopping her kids from trick or treating at the age of 12. I am personally letting my kids dress up and go out for as long as they still want to. I think it would be awfully hypocritical of me to stop them at a certain age since I was 16 the last time I actually went door to door and probably would have gone other years if I hadn't made other plans. So what are your thoughts and feelings about setting an age limit?

3 comments:

Alana said...

MY mom never made us stop at a certain age. I do believe that is they are going to trick or treat as teenagers then they have to definitly dress-up (with a real costume not just a regular clothes and calling it something else), if tehy put forth the effort, they deserve the candy. Also you can have them take your younger kids.

Ambs said...

I agree with you Nikki. I don't see anything wrong with older kids trick or treating either... some may feel a bit silly out there though... I know I did, unless I had younger kids with me. :)

The Gibb Family said...

I went trick or treating for a LONG time! I am pretty small and I still look like I'm 12 - so I could get away with it pretty easily. But yeah, dressing up is a must!!
Hope you are having a better week