Well, reaching 100 posts on my blog was one of the items on my bucket list, so it is my birthday gift to myself that I can cross that one off on the day that I turn 25, horray!
So 25 years ago on October 5, I was born in Nova Scotia at 2:16pm. I was 7 lbs 3 oz. I was delivered by a c-section that Mum was asleep for. She did better than Dad, though, he wasn't even in the country. He was on his way back home from a tour in the Middle East. I guess the military felt that him coming back a week before my due date was more than enough time to get home in time for the big event. Yeah, right...Babies work on their own time table, I know that QUITE well. Anyways, I was the first child and only ended up with 1 sibling, Mr Kyle Mattson, who was born just over 2 1/2 years later. Kyle was one of my very best friends growing up and I spent most of my summers and grade 12 year hanging out with him more than anyone else. In July 2002 I gained a step-dad, Bob, and step-sister, Kirby. As for moving, here's how it goes.
Lived around Digby, NS after I was born. In 1986 we moved to Mynarski Park, AB. Uh oh, there's another baby on the way in 1987, we move into our own house in Penhold, AB. Mum and Dad separate in 1990, Kyle, Mum and I moved back into Mynarski Park, AB. 1994, the base is closing down next year and Mum is posted, we move to Denwood, AB (base at Wainwright). 1996, Mum buys a house and we move into town in Wainwright. 2000, the unexpected posting, we trek off to Lethbridge, AB. 2001, Mum retires from the military to get a proposal out of Bob, we move back to our house in Wainwright, which we'd been renting out that year. Mum and Bob are engaged and Bob is about to undergo surgery in 2002, we move from our house into Bob's house in Wainwright. 2003, I go to live with Dad so I can go to school at NAIT in Edmonton, AB. Later in 2003 I realize that I need to move back home for some reason, back to Bob's house in Wainwright. Very end of 2003, I attempt living with roommates for the first time in Wainwright. One of my roommates bails on us and I find out I'm pregnant, and move back home during the last week of 2003. In 2005 I finally get my act together and move up to Grande Prairie, AB and in with some friends who are also members of the church. I do this on inspiration and have no idea what I'm walking into. Oct 2005, I am engaged!!!! I go to live with my future SIL, Amy, for 6 weeks. Nov 2005, I go spent my last weeks as a singleton back home in Wainwright, AB. Jan 2006, I move in with my husband in Grande Prairie, AB. Feb 2006, John gets a job offer and we find out we're expecting, we move in with my dad in a rush move to Edmonton, AB. May 2006, we move into our 2 bedroom apartment in Edmonton, AB, our first proper home in our marriage. July 2007, I am tired of being to scared to take my child out for a walk and we move into Mission Glen in Edmonton, AB into our 2 bedroom townhome. August 2008, we are within months of having another baby and move 3 doors down the road into a 3 bedroom unit, and here I sit! Well, there are my moves...
And finally, the winner of the prize is *drumroll please*...Alana! Since I decided to base the prize on the winner since I knew some people would like certain things and other people wouldn't like them so much, Alana gets to choose what kind of cookies she would like me to bake for her this next week, and then I will deliver them to her. She's the only person who commented that I'd have been able to do this for...Oh, and here's the better part of the prize, she gets an afternoon of her choosing SANS Landon, cause he'll be hanging out at my house.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday! I hope that it has been a great day. I wish I was closer so we could go have a girl's day out and celebrate! Soon enough. When you come visit we will have Nate watch the kids and we will go have some fun!
Post a Comment