Monday, March 9, 2009

2 Down, 1 To Go

No, I'm not talking about kids, the next one is still a few years down the road. I got my second filling done today. I was super nervous about it because the one I had done last week was SO painful. My body had metabolized the freezing like it was going out of style. Dr Hursin had to use over 2.5 times the amount she normally uses. However, today was a lot better of an exerience. This cavity wasn't nearly as deep, and Dr Sihota put more freezing in to begin with, although I only needed half as much as last time, and it barely hurt at all. I'm so happy that it's almost over with, though. I get my last one done next month as well as getting my mouthguard, and then we'll be good to go other than checkups and cleanings.

I'm so glad that I had John give me a blessing before this filling, I know that's what helped me the most. I kept thinking about how our bodies are temples and that the Lord wants us to take care of them as such, so I knew that He wanted me to get the filling to take care of myself. It's so amazing how the scriptures can even help with things like fillings. The gospel is AMAZING!

No comments: