We decided this morning that instead of running around like mad chickens on Thursday morning to get out of the house on time that we're going to head to Wainwright after work on Wednesday instead. That means that I only have 2 nights left in the house until the baby comes, I can't believe the time is passing so quickly now. Right now it's a race to see if I'll even be able to wait another week before I go into labour. Tyrell dropped completely out of my ribs on Friday and he dropped a bit more during the night. The end is so close, it's unreal. I've been so blessed this last week, my back has barely hurt at all, other than the regular end of pregnancy aches. I am so grateful for that. I've got our stuff about half packed now for the trip to Wainwright. My mum is making me a belated birthday dinner on Friday night, which I'm looking forward to. I chose to have fajitas and for dessert I chose this cocoa-nut mousse stuff that's actually from the South Beach Diet, but I love it! Then on Saturday my brother is buying me a cake to make up for not having bought me a birthday present, not that I thought he would. The poor kids is trying to pay for his schooling, the last thing he needs to be doing is buying me stuff.
We had a really good weekend. For the first time in 3 years, I was able to watch all 4 sessions of conference. I loved it, they were so inspirational and uplifting! I found that both morning sessions were especially great. My birthday was good. John made me a bacon and eggs breakfast, which was really yummy. My brother came over for supper and we had hamburger soup. John and Caleb had already given me all 4 Twilight books and 3 movies for my birthday. My dad gave me a $50 gift card for Bootlegger, which I'm looking forward to using at the beginning of December when my body is a bit more back to normal. My mum is paying for my manicure and pedicure on Friday morning as my present, which I am REALLY looking forward to. Then that afternoon I'm getting my hair thinned and having my dye job touched up so that I won't look too bad in my hospital pictures. I'm not the kind of person that looks great after having a baby, I look frumpy and totally drained of all energy, but it's so worth it.
So it's going to be a busy couple of days here. We have to finish getting the house ready for the baby, just in case John doesn't make it back after Thanksgiving, you never know at the rate things are going. I also have to finish packing and I have visiting teaching tomorrow night as well, which I'm looking forward to. So I hope that everyone has a great week and by the time I get back to Wainwright, I'll have my little baby to show off, HORRAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment