I could probably sum up this time period in only three words: I was stressed. Almost all of the packing was done by just Caleb and I. I was arranging things and cleaning and still worried about what felt like a thousand different things. It was the longest I'd ever lived in one town/city and the longest I'd ever lived in one home (and it was still only for 6 years in that home). I was gifted a couple of tubs of Cookie Dough Dynamo ice cream by John and my friend, Jenae. It helped a lot when things got too hectic. We also took a few breaks to the park in that last week when I needed a break from the house for a while.
We were officially released from our callings on the ward level and John's final act as ward membership clerk was to move our records to our new ward in Magrath. I got to a point in the last week where I just wanted to set fire to our home and all of the belongings in it, but I stuck it out and we got it done.
We ended up getting to move a day earlier than planned thanks to many people who came to help us load the moving truck and to clean the old place. John and Caleb drove down in the moving truck and my dad drove Brettley, Ty and I in our van. It was the fastest that drive has ever felt, even though it took the same amount of time it always does. We are so grateful for all of the help given to us our last few weeks there.
No comments:
Post a Comment