This past weekend I was blessed to be able to watch almost all of the 5 sessions of General Conference. John and Caleb were watching the priesthood session at home, so I caught a lot of it. I love General Conference weekend. Not just because I can stay in my PJs the whole time if I want (although it is an added bonus), but because it's just so spiritually uplifting.
This one in particular had so many amazing talks that I felt were so relevant to us. For the first time ever, I didn't take notes. I wanted to be able to focus on what they were saying so that I didn't miss anything while writing. I plan to go back over the talks and study them and make notes then.
What stuck out to me the most was how much family and the importance of it was talked about in this particular conference. It's always a big topic, but maybe I just noticed it more than usual this time or something, I don't know. It reminded me that family is very much meant to be looked at with an eternal perspective. I feel more motivated to keep helping my children learn what they need to know so that they can build their own unshakable testimonies.
One of my favourite moments from the weekend, though, was when Caleb found out that people like him can actually attend General Conference in person. He and John set a goal to go together and attend the Priesthood Session once Caleb turns 12. I love seeing his love for the gospel!
I love General Conference and am looking forward to the next one in October :)
PS
Our monthly update is in the post below this, as I just put it up right before writing this.
No comments:
Post a Comment