In my scripture study recently I've been studying the scripture mastery verses. It's been a fun experience and has given my study a focus rather than just forcing myself to get through a chapter each day.
I got to pick out my new couches over the weekend and John and my dad got rid of our old ones on Saturday. They were falling apart rapidly and hurt me if I tried to sit on them for longer than 30 minutes. My new ones came on Tuesday and we're all loving them. I think my mum was surprised that I got chocolate brown ones, because I always tell her she uses too much brown in her house. I actually like brown here and there, as long as there's other colours to help brighten things up. So that being said, my mum has ordered me new curtains for my living room that are a nice bright green and white that will look great with the brown and really brighten up the room.
3 of us have had pink eye over the last week (Caleb, Ty and I), but we're all in the clear now, thank goodness. Pink eye is horrible for me because I'm allergic to the drops. I suffered through them for 48 hours though to get rid of the infection.
We got our family photos on Sunday and I've used a few of them to update this site.
Brettley had his last pre-op appointment on Monday. I will be so glad after this surgery is done, and hopefully it'll be the last one. John also shampooed a bunch of my carpets that day since I'm not able to use the machine anymore with my back being so bad. I've been keeping my house really clean and that always makes me feel great.
I have now lost 10 lbs so far and earned $20 in iTunes money. I'm now working on the next 10 lbs to earn a book that's coming out in August that I've really been looking forward to.
Today is Caleb's last day of grade 1. I'm not sure if I'm excited for him to be home for the summer or not, and he told me this morning that he feels the same. He and I both thrive on routine, so Christmas, Spring and Summer break are all really hard for us. Hopefully it'll go well and we'll have a great summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment