Wednesday, December 5, 2012

I Do Still Exist...

I'll be honest. I'm mostly posting just because I feel like I should, since I've had 2 posts in the past 2 months.

I kind of feel like I've been owned by my calling for the past few months. Between a trip to the Calgary Temple open house, a plethora of weekend meetings, Young Women in Excellence and extra activities beyond the normal Tuesday ones. I was kind of hoping for a break this month after all of that, instead I'm busy getting ready to train my new class presidency and get us all ready for the new youth curriculum starting in January (which I'm beyond excited for, by the way). Oh well, it's okay that I'm busy because I really do love my calling. My former class president turned 14 two weeks ago and finished her Young Womanhood Recognition requirements the night before. It's things like her getting her certificate and medallion that remind me why I love my calling so much. I was so happy for her and impressed with her accomplishment.

My tree still isn't up, which is a huge deal for me. Normally I struggle to wait until December to put it up. In my defense, though, I ended up sick on Monday night and the kids were super cranky and that's why it didn't go up. Tonight, though, before I race off to a presidency meeting (see what I mean about being owned?). I haven't felt as passionate about Christmas this year and it feels so odd. I LOVE Christmas and I'm usually bouncing all over the place this time of the year. I'm not even done my Christmas shopping yet...*gasp* I am, however, really looking forward to having John at home with us for a week and a half and to not having to travel anywhere this year. I'm excited to be able to wake up in my own bed on Christmas morning and to do things on my own schedule.

Bretts is walking quite well now and has actually started conversing a bit, which was HUGE progress for him. I'm a lot less worried about his delay now. Ty is still my crazy man who entertains us all of the time. Caleb loves grade 1 and is doing well with learning to read and to play piano. We were looking at girl clothes the other day at Walmart and he thought a pink onesie and pink leggings would look good together. They didn't, so I said "You don't know anything about fashion, do you?" to which he replied "I don't know about fashion, but I know a lot about women". I have NEVER laughed so loud in a store before, ha ha.

Oh, and about 2 weeks ago I gave up Dr Pepper for the next year or so...First and foremost, because drinking a minimum of 2 bottles of it per day is kind of an issue and I didn't like feeling so dependent on it. Second, because I'm trying to get my body into a healthier state for when it's time for Baby Bly #4. I still miss it, mostly because I miss drinking something with flavour, but I told myself that once I make it to the end of the month without having any that I can get a new pair of jeans, so that's my extra motivation right now.

There are a few other things going on, but I'm sure you don't want ALL of my dirty laundry aired, ha ha. So yeah, I'm still here, and I'm still checking blogs a couple of times a week. I just don't feel like I have a lot to say lately, I guess.

Have a wonderful Christmas season!

1 comment:

Kyla Bly said...

so glad you blogged :) I miss your blogs! Glad to see things are well, aside from the busy (but loved) calling!