Monday, October 31, 2011

Weight Loss and Halloween Time

John and I did our official 4 week weigh ins on Saturday. He has lost 16 lbs since Oct 1st and has dropped 2 pants sizes. I have lost 9.2 lbs and have dropped 1 pants size. I am pretty impressed that we managed to accomplish that in the same month as Thanksgiving, Caleb's surgery and company staying with us for a weekend. My goal for November is to lose 5.1 lbs, so that I will be under 180. As of Saturday, I only have 10 lbs to go to reach my pre-pregnancy weight from when I got pregnant with Brettley. I am hoping to reach this by the end of 2011, but by Brett's first birthday at the absolute latest.

Weight has been a huge struggle for me the past few years. After having Ty I got back to a healthy weight and looked quite decent for someone who'd been pregnant 3 times. Then we found out I had bipolar when it got super out of control and I got put on meds for it. In the first month alone I gained 25 lbs. I just kind of gave up after that. I tried to go back to calorie counting a few times but just couldn't stick with it, my heart wasn't all there.

Why is this time different? Probably for several reasons. The first being that it's a project for my Personal Progress, which I really want to do. The second reason would be that I am accountable to someone for how I do each day and I don't want to have to tell her that I gave up or wimped out or something (thanks for being there for me). The third is that I just got downright sick of not being able to wear clothes that I actually like because I was too big to fit in any of them. There are more reasons...Health, being a good example for my kids and more. It was all too much and finally it stuck. If I mess up a day here or there I just get back on track the next day.

***

On Saturday we went to our ward's Trunk or Treat. It was Caleb's first outing since the surgery. First they had games which resulted in Ty eating at least 3 rice krispie treats and John and I making fools of ourselves racing each other to eat 2 gummie worms and a bowl of whipped cream each faster than the other. I lost and I'm okay with that. Then we went outside and people gave out candy from the trunks of their vehicles. It was VERY cold. Caleb was The Human Torch (Fantastic Four), Ty was Thomas the Tank Engine and Brettley was Yoda. I did take pictures, I just haven't uploaded them yet. Ty will have to be Larry the Cucumber tonight because he got strawberries all over his costume on Saturday afternoon.

That night John and I went to the Olive Garden on a date. It was wonderful, I love their food. After that we picked up Brettley's Christmas present from Grandpa M a couple of months early. He got a bright red Bumbo chair. He loves it and I love having it. It's so useful. He 'sat' during Sacrament Meeting in it yesterday, which freed up both of us to deal with the other 2 boys.

No comments: