Yesterday was my birthday. I turned 27, which is nothing spectacular. I don't feel old on my birthdays because John is 8 years older than I am and he makes me feel young. I didn't do much of anything for my birthday, except make myself beef enchiladas for supper. They were pretty good, but a little bit more work than I thought they'd be. I haven't decided yet if they're going to stay on the regular menu or be replaced with something a bit easier to make.
I have been calorie counting since Sunday morning and exercising since Monday. I am really enjoying it and have an awesome sponsor who's keeping me accountable and that's working very well for me. John has been counting calories as well and doing great with it. Even when they have yummy leftovers at work he's been staying on track. My goal is to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight by Brettley's first birthday. I don't think there will be any trouble reaching that. My goal after that will be to lose my bipolar weight (I gained 25lbs in just 1 month because of medication), but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. I'm feeling so much better health wise and about myself since I started doing this.
In the spirit of the upcoming Canadian Thanksgiving Day (this coming Monday), I will do this month's Attitude of Gratitude today:)
1) I am so grateful for the ability that we have to receive inspiration from Heavenly Father about what we should do in our lives. I am also grateful for the priesthood and for a husband who worthily holds it. I am grateful for the ability that he has to give me priesthood blessings so that I can receive further guidance from my Heavenly Father.
2) I am grateful that pomegranates are back in season. I miss them so much when they're not. I have had 3 in the past week and it wasn't nearly enough. I will have to buy more next week. I love pomegranates.
3) I am grateful for how wonderful I've felt this week in regards to my physical and emotional health. In choosing to take better care of my body, I am being extremely blessed. Heavenly Father is so good to us:)
No comments:
Post a Comment