Sunday, January 31, 2010

RHS & Missionaries

The past few days I've had a throat infection, which hasn't been a lot of fun. It's getting better, though. Right now I am working on making a blog for my Red Hat Society group. Well, it's actually my mum's group, I'm just the member who lives 2 hours away and never makes it to anything, ha ha. It's giving me something to do, though, so that's nice. It makes me wish that I had something like that here, other than enrichment, I mean. I kind of lost pretty much all of my friends to other wards or to inactivity from the church. Thank you for staying with me, Amber!!! It's been pretty tough going through all of this with not much of a social group, I guess. If I thought anyone would actually do the Red Hat thing up here, I would TOTALLY do that. It would be nice to hang out once a month and do fun stuff and dress up in things that can look tame and pretty much normal or look totally ridiculous, whatever you're in the mood for. I really need an actual social life.

Anyways, working on being grateful for the things that I have right now. Kind of hard to remember in the moment, but I'm definately working on it.

So...Today was missionary Sunday. I didn't stay for the talks, I was falling over on John I was feeling so sick, so we left as soon as we took the sacrament. However, I just wanted to express my gratitude for missionary work. Without it, I would be a very different person. I wouldn't have the husband that I do, or the kids that I do. I wouldn't have the strength I've gained from the gospel. I am so grateful for two wonderful young men who took 2 years out of their lives to come and help people like me discover the amazingness of the gospel.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I am pretty grateful for one of those missionaries too! He is great and I am so glad that he was able to find you and teach you the gospel.