Monday, January 18, 2010

Great Weekend

I had a doctor's appointment on Friday, and it encouraged John and I to find a place that sells a newer med that the psychiatrist prescribed me back in November. This med doesn't have the weight gain side effect. Because I'm switching meds, I've gone the last 3 nights without either the new one or the old one. Instead, I took the dosage of EMPowerplus that Truehope originally told me to take instead of meds and a half dose of EMP every day. Over the last few days I have felt SO much better. So John and I have decided to give this new medication a shot, but that if I go back to feeling the way I was on the old one, then we're just going to bite the bullet and pay the $200 a month for the right dosage of EMP. So I guess in the next couple of weeks we'll know what our game plan is. Personally I'd rather just take the EMP, but John wants me to try the new medication at least for a little bit, since the pharmacy had to order it in just for me. However, this weekend has made me truly grateful to the two men who discovered this amazing supplement. I know a lot of pain and heartache inspired this miracle, and I truly feel for everyone it touched. Thank you ladies for your comments last time, it helps to know there's people out there rooting for me during my battle.

On another note, we had a talk from our high counsellor yesterday about spending more time with our families and treasuring them and the memories we build with them. I think John and I really needed to hear that talk. It makes me glad that I've decided that we're going to take a family camping trip this year and to carry on a tradition my brother and I have started by going to the Calgary Zoo together the last Saturday in May. We've done so the past 2 years, and I've really enjoyed going and taking Caleb (and Ty last year) to see all of the fun animals. We're also thinking of taking the boys to the Royal Tyrrell museum this year. If anyone has any ideas of cheap fun ideas for families to do together, I'd love to hear them. I really want to focus more on building happy memories with our family.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I know I did. We had a Ukrainian dinner and games at our house on Saturday with some family and friends, and it was a blast.

No comments: