My boys are back home, HORRAY! I was so excited when John's dad rang the doorbell when they got her that I nearly fell down the stairs I was running so fast, ha ha. More good news, we ordered our dishwasher last Friday and we'll be picking it up this coming Saturday. I am SO excited about that. I think some of the people who follow my blog know the dishwasher story, but I'm sure some of you don't, so I thought I would post it here.
Back when we were still YSAs up in Grande Prairie, a bunch of us girls were talking about household chores before church one Sunday. John piped up and said that he would expect his wife to do all of the dishes. As all of us looked at him with nothing but shock and disgust, I'm sure, he quickly added "well, I'd buy her a dishwasher". Then on fast Sunday a month or so later, I was sitting on the Edmonton Alberta Temple steps with John, trying to figure out how to tell him that I'd gotten an answer to what I was fasting about, when he didn't even know what I was fasting about. So I looked at him and said "John, I think Heavenly Father wants me to get a dishwasher". So there you have it, the joke behind the dishwasher in our marriage, PLUS the story about how I told John that I knew I was supposed to marry him.
Hope you're all having a great Remembrance Day. Even if you don't support everything our military does, still support them for being willing to do their best to serve us.
No comments:
Post a Comment