Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Surprise and Surprise Again!

This past weekend we were in Wainwright to celebrate my mum turning 50. We had a fake surprise party for her on Saturday night because she knew we were planning something, so we wanted the actual party to still be a surprise. We had some people over, I made a TONNE of food and we spend the evening doing karaoke, which turned out to be a lot of fun and a lot of laughs. Sunday night was the bigger party, and she was so surprised! She really enjoyed her weekend and I'm so glad. She's always doing such nice things for everybody else, it was nice to give back to her.

Not too much else is new here. I got my hair cut last week. Lots of layers and a huge amount of thinning, I really like it a lot. Now we're just winding down from a bunch of crazy weekends all in a row. I'm really looking forward to being home with no company this weekend, we haven't had one of those in a month.

I've been doing a lot of driving lately, too, but it's all been out of the city pretty much. I really need to get more comfortable with the idea of driving in Edmonton, but it still makes me so nervous.

And last but not least, we are now actively looking to move to Magrath. Who knows how long it will take, but we are actively looking now. I love our ward and my calling, but I want a safer and more open place for my children to grow up in. I want to be able to put Caleb in a preschool close to our home next year. I want to be in a place with more people who share my goals and values. I want to be closer to more of John's family. So please remember us in your prayers, if you don't mind. We really want to be able to move in the next year so that we can enroll Caleb in preschool next year.

No comments: