Has it really been a week already? Time seems to go by faster and faster the older that you get (not that I think 24 is old). The biggest news in the Bly home is that John and I are both losing weight, YAY! We downloaded the LoseIt application for our iPod touches. It helps us keep track of how many calories we're taking in and burning each day. I love it!!! John has already lost 4 pounds, so I'm very proud of him for that.
We discovered last night that Caleb can move Ty's crib even though there aren't any wheels on it. I heard Ty making noise (hours after I'd put them to bed) so I went to investigate. Instead of the crib being against the wall where it should be, it was against Caleb's bed. He'd moved it at least a foot and a half, probably closer to two. Sometimes I just don't know what to do with him...For any experienced moms out there...How do you get your kid to stop hitting other kids? It seems Caleb gets worse each week in nursery, hitting, pushing, kicking, etc. I am at a loss about what to do with him. I feel bad putting him in there because I know he's going to be a bully to other people's children, but my calling is one that doesn't exactly lend itself to me being able to take Caleb with me. I guess right now I'm just grateful that he's only got 4 1/2 months left in nursery and then it will be off to Sunbeams...WOW! My little Caleb is going to be a Sunbeam next year...Hmm, starting to feel old now.
Speaking of feeling old, there is a very beautiful girl who is turning 5 on Saturday that I would like to mention a few thoughts about. There isn't a day that's gone by in the last 5 years that I haven't thought about her. I am so grateful for all that she gave me. She inspired me to become a better person, leading me to the true church of Jesus Christ. Placing her for adoption so that she could have an eternal family made me determined to live so that I could be married in the temple and have that same blessing, which I did. I wouldn't have the wonderful husband that I have and the two wonderful sons we have together if it wasn't for her. HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY, LAUREN!!! I love you so much!
1 comment:
What a beautiful post! Thank you. Doesn't come close to what we feel fo you. You are someone she can and will be proud of to know one day.
As for hitting and punching other kids I wish I knew. sometimes I feel that way about mase but it doesn't happen all the time.
Congrats on losing too that has got to feel good!! Happy birth {day} tomorrow too we will be thinking of you for all you've given and done for us which is something that can never be adequately put into words!! She is a joy!!
Post a Comment