This week is pretty booked up. Tonight we are having the missionaries over for dinner and it's also FHE tonight. Tomorrow I have a presidency meeting and then Nicole and I are going shopping for the rest of the stuff for the cardmaking thing. On Wednesday my visiting teachers are coming over for a visit. Thursday is the card making activity for Enrichment that I am teaching. There is barely anyone signed up, but it should still be fun. Friday John is dropping the boys off to my mum while I am babysitting Heather and Mike's kids so that they can go to a temple session. Saturday I am hoping to get at least part of the kitchen painted and it's also my Mary Kay party that night. So it should be quite the week.
Mother's Day went a lot better this year than it has for the last few years, so that was really nice. I only had a few minutes that were hard, and that was because adoption was specifically mentioned in one of the talks during sacrament meeting. Caleb decorated a tiny birdhouse for me in nursery, and it was the first time he's made me anythying for Mother's Day, so I was really excited about that. And then my sister came to drop off a hair straightner for me, and she also brought me a bouquet of flowers for Mother's Day which just made my day.
So I just wanted to add that I am so grateful for these two wonderful boys in my life. Caleb has a place in my heart that no one else will ever hold and Ty and I have a very special bond after a very tough pregnancy. I am also grateful for a wonderful husband who was so willing to overlook my past and never judge me for it. And I would feel rotten if I forgot to mention 3 other people I'm grateful for on Mother's Day. First off, I am very grateful for Christal and Darren. You were definately the perfect choice and I'm so grateful for the love that you have for your children, for each other and for the Lord. Lastly, I am SO grateful for a beautiful little girl named Lauren. She encouraged me to become a better person, which lead me to the Lord's church. I often say that I gave her life and she gave me a life worth living. I have a love for her beyond measure. Thank you to all of you wonderful people who make Mother's Day special to me.
1 comment:
Happy Mothers day Nikki. We love you. We hope it was a good one!
Post a Comment