We did some major decluttering in our house this month. No room was ignored. We got rid of so much stuff. It was astonishing how many things we've accumulated over the years. We still have a lot, but the amount was reduced significantly.
I read some James L. Ferrell books. They were amazing. I borrowed them from a friend and definitely plan to get my own copies at some point. I learned so much from them and would highly recommend them.
My Relay for Life team reached its goal this month, which was really exciting. I reached over double of my initial personal goal. I'm really looking forward to taking part in this in May.
John and I took the boys to the Telus World of Science for a day. They had a blast. We checked out the Angry Birds exhibit. Ty and Brettley had fun in Discoveryland and Caleb enjoyed the Robotics Lab. It was a fun family day.
I'm pretty sure that was where Brettley picked up his croup from. All 3 boys ended up with it, but Brettley's came first and was the worst by far. He had to miss several swimming lessons because of it.
We took the boys to go see the temple. We love being there and feeling the spirit just walking on the grounds. That was where I'd told John that I knew I was supposed to marry him. The boys really enjoyed hearing that story during our trip.
I started watching hockey, which has prompted a lot of texting between my step-dad and I. A few days ago our team, the Edmonton Oilers, clinched a spot in the playoffs. This will be their first time in the playoffs since I was pregnant with Caleb, when we went for the Stanley Cup, so we're super excited.
The boys finished school this month! They worked so hard and finished their curriculum early last week. They still have some things we plan on having them work on over the summer, a bit of extra work to strengthen their weaker areas, but they are technically done their 2016-2017 school year and finished before Edmonton Public kids even went of spring break. I also put their portfolios for the year together and they are ready for the facilitator visit next week.
Yesterday was my late father-in-law's birthday. We had our annual tradition of having some sort of cake to celebrate. This year was cheesecake.
The boys also finished their swimming lessons yesterday. Caleb was the only one who passed, so he'll move up to Swim Kids 4. Ty just has to work on his distance. Brettley, well, we knew going in that he would take a few different rounds of lessons to pass. Swimming coordination is not his forte. They had so much fun, though, which is great!
Well, that's about it for this month, I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment