C did this on her blog and I really liked it, so I'm stealing it :)
1) What did you do in 2016 that you'd never done before?
I started home schooling my kids, I taught one of my kids how to read, I buzzed all of my hair off (twice, actually) and I made an impromptu trip with just John.
2) Did you keep your new year's resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I didn't keep mine, I'm horrible for that. This year, I have a goal to play more games with my kids and to work toward being healthier (exercise and food).
3) Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not super close, no.
4) Did anyone close to you die?
No, I've had a few years off from that, thankfully.
5) What countries did you visit?
None, we stayed here in Canada. We didn't even leave our province, ha ha.
6) What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
A healthier lifestyle.
7) What dates from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
October 25th. That was the day I woke up with pink eye, found out the government had cancelled the accreditation for the boys' home education administration and also found out that John was being moved to 4 day work weeks the next month.
Also, Ty's baptism on November 12th.
8) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Home educating my kids and prioritizing my health above my wants and commitments.
9) What was your biggest failure?
I don't know that I'd call anything a failure, they were all learning experiences.
10) Did you or someone close suffer illness or injury?
John was diagnosed with diabetes and I had a really tough year mental health-wise.
11) What was the best thing you bought?
My Star Wars laptop. It was the only laptop I could find that had all of the (3) things I wanted out of a laptop. It's been a huge help with home schooling.
12) Where did most of your money go?
Rent and groceries, same as always. Recreation money, most of it went toward stuff for Dungeons and Dragons, which John and I play with our groups about twice per month.
13) What song will always remind you of 2016?
It actually wasn't a stand out year for me with music, so I don't have one.
14) Compared the this time last year are you more happy or more sad?
So much more happy. This time last year was when everything hit a boiling point with Caleb, so I was pretty much a wreck and terrified that we wouldn't find a better solution for him. A year later and he's doing amazing!
15) What do you wish you'd done more of?
More time just playing with my kids and teaching them more life skills, which are a few of the things I'm trying to focus on this year. I also wish I'd blogged more, since it's basically our family journal.
16) What do you wish you'd done less of?
Less eating as a coping mechanism and less time spent on social media.
17) How did you spend Christmas?
We were at home for the morning, went to Church and then had my dad over for supper.
18) What was your favourite TV program?
I enjoyed Psych and Switched at Birth a lot in 2016.
19) What were your favourite books of the year?
2016 was probably my worst year ever for reading since I started reading at the age of 4. Nothing at all is standing out to me.
20) What were your favourite treats/food in 2016?
Miss Vickie's Sea Salt and Malt Vinegar Chips, Egg Roll Bowl and Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet
21) What were your favourite movies of the year?
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Hands down!
22) What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I turned 32. We took a break from school that day. Caleb and I binge watched Gilmore Girls together, which was exactly how I'd wanted to spend the day.
23) What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying?
Not struggling with severe anxiety for the majority of the year.
24) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?
If it fits and it's comfy then we're good, ha ha.
25) What kept you sane?
Those chips, John, Caleb and home schooling.
26) What was a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016?
It's okay to prioritize your mental health above what you want and things that you've said you would do.
I also learned that if something is the right choice for you and/or your family, Heavenly Father will help you do things you never thought you could do. I am one of the most impatient people I've ever met and thought I'd never be able to home school my kids because of it, but Heavenly Father always gives me what I need to make it work for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment