So about 2 weeks ago I went for my quarterly doctor's appointment (which happens when you take the meds that I do). He brought up the sleep study I did a few months back that came back negative and asked how my sleep has been. I'll be honest here, I've struggled with insomnia and poor sleep for as long as I can remember. Even at my healthiest this was always a problem for me. However, my doctor decided that I needed to exercise and eat less. While I'm convinced they won't actually solve my insomnia issue (I was very thin as a teenager and this was occurring back then as well), I acknowledge that I do need to make healthier choices. My doctor told me that I need to take at least 10,000 steps per day. I had waffled on getting a FitBit for a while now, but I figured if I was being required to watch my steps anyway, I may as well take the plunge, so we went and got me a FitBit Charge, which also tracks my sleep. Then a couple of days later my back got re-injured (which is a whole other story), and I wasn't able to walk lots for about a week. But I was back at it this Monday. It has been one of the best investments I've ever made (along with my new Asics, which make all of the difference). Today I got smart and remembered to use music while I walk. It was the best that I've felt in many months. I'm really looking forward to keeping this going. Instead of dreading exercise each day, I look forward to seeing how quickly in the day I can reach my goal. I also am eating a more appropriate amount of food. I make an exception 1 evening per week where I won't think about what I'm eating, as long as I'm not gorging myself or anything. As for my steps, I won't be worrying about them on Sundays. Whatever I get for a normal Sunday is whatever I get.
On a separate note, our sugar-free coconut and vanilla Torani syrups came today. I made myself a Dirty Coke Zero mocktail and it was amazing. I definitely wouldn't be able to have more than 1 per day, though, it tastes way too strong. You can find the link here. We had a really hard time finding the Torani syrups in the city, so we ordered them from Amazon.
No comments:
Post a Comment