Lilac season came while I was bedridden for about a week with a stomach bug and then a nasty kidney infection that need 2 different antibiotics to kick it. So while Caleb and Ty were walking home from school each day they picked me some lilacs so I could still smell them. What sweet and thoughtful boys I have.
At the beginning of June Caleb's class went on a field trip to the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village, which I was a parent volunteer for. It was awesome to go with Caleb and share in this part of our own heritage with him, and showed him dwellings like the ones his ancestors used to live in. It was my favourite field trip I've helped with to date.
We also started a Dungeons and Dragons group with a few of the guys from our ward. It's really fun to play with other people, and is something that we're really enjoying.
I also planted new flowers in my planters a couple of weekends ago. The boys love them and are always concerned about them and asking if they need water each day. We've been getting more rain, so I don't have to water them quite as much as the first week.
I think that's basically the major stuff. We're just winding down at the end of the school year. Today I'm off to the zoo with Ty's class for a field trip and next week I'm helping his class with an in-school field trip. We're all looking forward to the summer break this year, which is a first for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment