Thursday, May 7, 2015

The May Update

Life in the Bly home at the moment, hmm. The kids and I have started spending a lot more time outside now that spring is finally (mostly) here. They have gotten in lots of bike riding. We bought Brettley a brand spanking new big boy bike and finally got rid of the tricycle. They LOVE riding their bikes. We also bought a bunch of different things for them to use outside (chalk, soccer ball and pylons, etc).






Caleb and I went to see Big Hero 6 in the cheap theatre as a mommy and son date. He has done extremely well in working to get his anger under control. Hardly ever any issues at home or school now, so he no longer sees the psychologist or psychiatrist and just works with our new family doctor now. I'm so proud of him for working so hard, and his hard work really showed through in his March report card (his best one yet).

Tyrell won a citizenship award at school last month for being particularly good at team work. He also has his non-prescription glasses now, which he loves.






Brettley's glasses finally came in, and he loves his red Miraflex glasses. His eye looks a lot better with them too, so they are doing their job to prevent a third eye surgery. We are still waffling on the idea of putting him in Kindergarten this fall. I have very mixed feelings on whether or not he is ready. Intellectually I have no doubt he can do it, but he is very small for his age and would be very close to the cut off date for age, so he would probably be the youngest in his class anyway. Still not sure what we'll end up deciding on.






This Monday the boys were sure to celebrate Star Wars day in our geeky little family.


I am doing well. The decision to switch to pills instead of vitamins was definitely the right call for me. I still have off days, but they are far easier to pull out of now. I have been blessed to be the Mia Maids adviser for over 14 months now and am enjoying every minute of it with these amazing girls.

John is doing good as well and we are just happily enjoying life right now and looking forward to spending this coming weekend with my mum. And that's your monthly update on the Bly family :)

1 comment:

Helen said...

Just a quick comment about kindergarten and when to start. I have taught kindergarten and first grade for many years---retired now and loving it. My older children were almost always my top students. You are the one to decide because you know him best. Another option might be putting him in school and they repeating kindergarten again next year if necessary. Consider what will you do during the next year at home to have him better prepared for school. I don't have the answers and neither does the school. The decision is up to you as the parent. This is just something to think about. Good luck. You have a cute family and I enjoy hearing about them.