Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014

It's a new year! I am so incredibly relieved to be able to say that. Without going into a lot of detail, 2013 was arguably THE most difficult year of my life. Even the last day of the year was filled with trials (although one of those resulted in me getting a brand new fridge yesterday which I didn't have to pay for, so that was a nice perk).

But, today is a new day and today is a new year, HUZZAH! This year will bring a visit to my Uncle & Aunt's house for spring break, my brother's convocation at the UofL (which I get to travel without kids for), a trip to Magrath for the first time since late winter 2012, Caleb's baptism and me turning 30 (eep!). It's a fresh start and I am excited to see what it will bring to our home. Happy New Year!

I wanted to have a focus theme type thing for this year. Something to sum up what I'd like to get out of the year. I ended up going with 'Go Back to the Basics' and always keeping my 5-5-5-5 rule in mind. For the 'Go Back to the Basics', I want to do as much as I can to keep our lives simplified and to just focus on doing the basic things that we need to be doing (saying our prayers, reading our scriptures, etc) rather than focusing on a bunch of other things that aren't quite as necessary. As for my 5-5-5-5 rule, I'm trying to remember to ask myself if what I'm stressing about will matter 5 days from now...5 weeks from now...5 months from now...5 years from now. I am a very high stress person, and I think if I try to put more perspective into things in the moment that it might make things a bit less stressful for me. So those are my focuses for the year, and I'm very excited for both of them.

1 comment:

Christal said...

Happy New Year sounds like a fresh start and hopefully the best yet! love ya! I like the 5 5 5 5! Great idea for us all!