I really hurt myself this week. On Monday I was making Rice Krispies squares for FHE. I was so proud of myself for actually making something instead of just buying something, because I'm not a "let's bake perfect treats and make perfect handouts every single week" kind of a mom. For me, if we manage to have any kind of lesson that week then it's a win. So I got everything mixed up in my large cooking pot and transferred it to my lasagna pan to cool. There were a couple of things in my right side sink, so I rested the pot between the two sinks while I cleared it out. I moved the pot into the sink and started running hot water into it. As I was adding dish soap to the pot, I made the genius mistake of resting my arm where the pot had just been resting for the past couple of minutes, and proceeded to receive my first 2nd degree burn. It's been a very painful few days. My burn is about 5 cm long and about 1 cm wide and got a really nasty blister. So for the time being, FHE treats will not require a stove, ha ha. It's Caleb's turn to pick the treat for next week anyway, and he picked Brown Cows (root beer and milk), so I'm good to go for that :)
I also read a new book. The Selection by Kiera Cass
I really enjoyed it, enough that I'm anxiously awaiting the sequel from the library. The sequel was just released last month, so once I've read it I'll have to wait quite a while for the next one. Anyway, reading the book I think to myself "I think I've read this story before in a few other books", but it's entertaining enough to keep me highly interested. I'd recommend it for a casual read.
No comments:
Post a Comment